Exercise - present simple and present continuous 1.
Write the verbs in present simple or present continuous tense. You can use the contracted (I'm) form or the complete (I am) form of the verb. (You can also do this test as a listening exercise or to practise English pronunciation and intonation after you finish.)
1) She gets the train to London Heathrow then she takes the plane to New York at 16.15. (Possible too for future: She's getting the train to London Heathrow then she's taking the plane to New York at 16.15.)
2) Steve never takes his children to see films. He doesn't like going to the cinema now.
3) What are you doing in this photograph? I'm lying on the beach.
4) We're having good weather this week. At last! I'm fed up with the rain.
5) It snows a lot in Scotland during the winter months.
6) Occasionally we go out and have a meal in the centre of town.
7) Sorry, John isn't here at the moment. He's having breakfast in the cafeteria.
8) My friend Angela is doing a course at Seville University this year.
9) The situation is very bad at the moment. John can't find work.
10) Nick and Emma sometimes pick up the children from school. They don't always get the bus.
11) Where are they staying at the moment? They're staying in a small flat in the High Street.
12) Nick always gets up at 7.30am.
Copyright © 2016 English Spanish Link